Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Traveling with iPad, but don’t have needed password for.

Customer Question
Traveling with iPad, but...

Traveling with iPad, but don’t have needed password ********@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, only my ipad

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don’t want to reset password, as I’ve had to buy a new smart phone while traveling, and they need my original password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just my original password ***** you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
It’s been over two hours...no answer! I need this tonight for meeting with att tomorrow morning. My original password ********@******.***
I am still waiting after 6 Hours....very concerned. When may I expect an answer on this?
12/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your iPad. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Is this the password ***** your Apple ID or for the actual Gmail email account?

Please let me know

A bit of confusion..I have my iPad, but lost my Samsung smart phone, I bought a new Samsung smart phone yesterday, but to retrieve my contacts etc they need the pass word to my gmail account which is***@******.***. My iPad user name is***@******.***. That password ***** have, and opening code. Do you need these? What I need is the password ***** my Gmail email account.

ok, so it is the gmail account you are trying to sign into.

And you do not have the password ***** the gmail account, is this correct?

Correct. To complete my new phone, I need the password ***** my Gmail account. I am traveling, and don’t have it or remember it

Thanks

Can you click on my link below

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

And go through the process to reset your password.

Once done, use the new password ***** your account.

Let me know how you go please

They seem to need the original password. Will a new password ***** them access to all my information to install in the new phone?

No, you can use the original password ***** anything for your account, either on computer or phone ect.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Didn’t answer my question. I DONT have the original pass word...Will a reset password ***** for the phone TEC to access my information?

You need to reset the password, this is why I gave you the link to do this, sorry it was not clear you did not so the insturctions I gave.. can you do the instructions as once you reset the password, then you can sign in on any device.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer