Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It's getting hung up on the apple boot screen. Iphone 7, ios…

Customer Question
It's getting hung up...

It's getting hung up on the white apple boot screen

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

iphone 7, ios 11

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday It was acting up before that though, becoming unresponsive at times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried recovery mode, but couldn't get it to connect to itunes Now I can't even seem to get to the recovery screen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Managed to get it to recovery mode and ran "restore and update" from itunes on a mac. Itunes seemed to think it worked, but phone still stays on white apple boot screen, seemingly restarting from time to time.
12/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just since last night. But, it had been acting up for a couple of weeks -- occassionally becoming unresponsive.

Do you have a computer your can connect it too?

I connected it and went through the restore procedure
Even after that it never came back to life... just more of the white boot screen
We did that twice

Is it a MAC or windows pc?

mac

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Or you can tell me what I should do.
I can restore the software a third time, but it seems like I may be facing diminishing returns there

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Thanks
Kris

I'm not going to . install that software

Why not?

Because I"m not giving access to my computer to some stranger on the internet. If you can't help otherwise, just say so.

OK - would you like me to list the steps here?

I'm just going to go to the store.

Ok great