Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to recover a doc on my computer. Desktop computer.

Customer Question
Trying to recover a...

Trying to recover a doc on my computer

Technician's Assistant: Are you working with a phone, tablet, or computer?

Desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: How long ago were your files deleted?

Couple of minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The title is 3rd December

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is this a Microsoft Word document that was deleted?

Try this: click the Go menu in the Finder, choosing Go To Folder and pasting:

~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Library/Preferences/AutoRecovery/

in the box.

You may need to rename any files you find there as .doc instead of .docx if they won't open properly.

Let me know the result please.