Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After about thirty seconds the device goes black and I have…

Customer Question
After about thirty seconds...

After about thirty seconds the device goes black and I have to sign on again

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an Iphone6 AT&T

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is not a mac

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2. Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Also, go to Settings > Notification and turn off All Notifications for all apps.

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

You may need to do this quickly before it crashes. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

Please let me know the outcome. If this resolves your issue please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.