Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can’t see my mail on my MacBook Air... Exchange. Usually…

Customer Question
I can’t see my...

I can’t see my mail on my MacBook Air...

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Exchange

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually on my phone or iPad, but I needed to send an attachement so i was using my MacBook, which I don’t really know how to use and now i can see anything... and now i can’t see anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven’t the foggiest...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Are you trying to use the Mail app (with the stamp icon) on your MacBook now?

Are you there or is this a scam? I need assistance...

Yes, I'm still here. Can we set up a secure remote session on the MacBook so that I can check and set up your email account on there?

I’m in tears right now... I’m not looking to shell out a boatload of money when you can’t even try to troubleshoot for me first
I already have no idea what I’ve signed up for trying to connect with you...
Probably some monthly fee for something that will not even help me
Can someone please provide me with assistance?
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello.

Are you using Apple Mail on your Mac?

I was reviewing emails this morning. When I tried to send an email it said I couldn’t because of a server issue or something like that. So I tried troubleshooting myself and now i can’t even see anything. There is no window that appears when I open the email using the little stamp at the bottom

I understand, so is this on Apple Mail (i need to know the program) to give you instructions based on the program.

Is it Apple Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird?

Hello, are you there??

Please read my message above.

I have two accounts on this MacBook, my iCloud account and an exchange account, but i’m Trying to explain that I can’t see the window at all
There is a dot below the stamp at the bottom of the computer that indicates that Mail is open, but I can’t see a window

Can you CTRL CLICK the mail icon and choose Force Quit?

Okay, i just tried that, but nothing seems to have happened...
I then tried “show all windows” and it says, “no available windows”

Can you go to Utilities -> Activitiy Monitor -> and then Force Quit mail app.

I don’t know where Utilities is...

In Finder or use the spotlight search

There is an easy way too, we can drop Mail app and use Thunderbird (reconfigure the account) and get things up and running. Do you want to do that?

No, i’m Afraid to do that... I want my old accounts back

You can re-configure old accounts on Thunderbird, thunderbird is just an app to handle existing mail.

WHat will happen if I force quit mail??

Mail will close, and then you try to reopen it.

I found it in Utilties like you said

ok please proceed with force quitting mail app, and then re-open it.

should I do that? I don’t want to lose all of my emai

Yes, do that.

Dont worry.

THANK YOU!!!! It just reopened!!!I need something else - can you help me?
It says that I cannot send messages because my account doesn;t have a preferred outgoing mail server. This is the problem I started with two hours ago...

That is an easy fix, but a bit complicated.

Can we do this remotely?

thank you

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Unfortunately, payment seems to have failed. Probably blocked by your card provider. I think you will have to call them to allow it.

Shoot! Do you accept PayPal?

I think yes, but i am a tech only so can't assist further on billing.

Can you call our customer service on 1(###) ###-####to get the payment sorted out.

I’m calling my card company, but i’m On hold... i have no idea how long it will take...

No worries, i am waiting.

Any updates on remote service?

Let me know.

Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist