Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have run Thunderbird/earthlink on an imac. I have

Customer Question
I have long run...

I have long run Thunderbird/earthlink on an imac. I have purchased a new imac and am trying to migrate my old thunderbird emails to my new computer. This is difficult as I can't talk to anyone about it. I have located some information thru motzilla but it is unclear. It helps my to find a file that should have everything in it but I can't see the path name stops. It seems to be ralphHD, users, ralphbabcock, library, thunderbird, profiles, and in my old computer a file named w8e68sau.default. I have looked for this starting with my hard drive, but the folder listed as library does not show. My old computer have me the pathway so it should be good. What do I do to display the pathway on either computer; old or new? If I can find the file pathways, can I just move a copy of the old file name w8e68sau into it?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

The new computer is High Sierra; 10.13.1. I just upgraded that last night. The old iMac is 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

I just started to resolve this yesterday. I bought the new iMac last Monday. I have them both running.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
I would like to try and resolve this with texts or a phone call. I do not want a direct connection.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

I cannot get to thunderbird profiles folder to see the file. I have this file on my old computer. It is w8e68sau. On the new computer I think the file number is: qltw5h1h.default.
Can I just put the old file into the new file?
I have a thunderbolt cable that can connect the two computers together.
is this in addition to the $5+$48?
Now I see that all of my old files on old computer are gone. Why?
I am very nervous about an unknown person/organization having control of my computer or do you just have a cursor in my computer and see my desktop?
What I meant was my old email files are gone. Nothing else.
Can you call me on my phone and talk first?

This will require remote service. Do you want to do that for an additional $39?

I have files on the old and new computer. Do you come in remotely and fully control my computer?

I can. You will have access to your computer entirely as well.

I don't feel comfortable with anyone I don't know having control of my computer. If I can just do what you say without you in control I am interested.

Ok. I am going to opt out for another expert who may be able to help without remote support.