Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad keeps shutting down every few minutes. IPad Pro

Customer Question
IPad keeps shutting down...

IPad keeps shutting down every few minutes

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad Pro 10.5..latest operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since this morning. Have shut it down several times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Should I just take it the Apple store?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update a few hours ago. Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

You may need to do this quickly before it crashes. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. I will be waiting for your reply

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.