Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My brother lock me out. About one year ago. i just found my…

Customer Question
My brother lock me...

My brother lock me out

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About one year ago. i just found my ipod. he hid my ipod.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but i dont know is password ***** id

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue:(
Is this an iPod Touch?
What do you see on the iPod screen now?
Thank you
Vinod
Ipod is disabled
Connect to itunes
Thank you.
Unfortunately the only way out is to restore the iPod to factory settings.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPod to the computer.
Now, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and home button together for nearly 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPod now. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
it wont come on
Did you try the restore? Did the computer say that the restore was successful?
It said done
I get it on
what do you see on the iPod screen now?
Ipod is disabled
Unfortunately, the restore wasn’t successful.
We need to try that again.
Please use this document
https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204306
And follow the part for erasing device through recovery mode.
It wroked but it need a Activation lock

That makes it tough.

Do you remember the email and password ***** used to set up the ipod?

No
He did it

Unfortunately, an activation lock is a kind of a hard lock which we can't bypass. You may need some third party software to get out of it unless you know the username and password (the username should suffice as password ***** be recovered if you have access to that email).

Do you have any apple store nearby?

I have a apply store

You may take it into any apple store to remove the activation lock. But you may be asked for the ownership docs.