Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Keeps shutting down on me and I have to unlock each time.

Customer Question
Keeps shutting down on...

Keeps shutting down on me and I have to unlock each time

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No but it has shut down twice during our chat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the homes screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update a few hours ago. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update.

If it is crashing before allowing to update, then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date)

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

You may need to do this quickly before it crashes. After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. I will be waiting for your reply

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.