Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We want to transfer a video we've made on our IPhone 6 to…

Customer Question
We want to transfer...

We want to transfer a video we've made on our IPhone 6 to our IMac computer. Have IPhone tethered to computer. How to proceed?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Don't understand first question. We don't have a problem. Just want to know how to transfer a video we've made on our IPhone 6 today to our IMac.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to proceed. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can use the Photos app to do the transfer. Connect the iPhone to your Mac.

Open Photos app. In Photos, select your iPhone in left side. You will see all the photos and videos there. Select the video and click Import. That will import it to your Mac.

(If you don't see the sidebar and iPhone there, then click on the View menu and select Show Sidebar)

You can also use Image Capture application to transfer video and photos to your Mac. Open Image Capture application from Applications folder. Select your iPhone in image capture. Select the video and click Import.

If you made the video in different video editor, then let me know and the steps are a little different

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.