Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Its an iphone 8 and its not charging I cant get into my

Customer Question
Its an iphone 8...

Its an iphone 8 and its not charging I cant get into my alarm clock or words with friends and after 30 seconds it goes automatically to passcode

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

5 min ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No I just turned it off and on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Ok i dont have much time my phone is at 18% and it wont charge anymore
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can force reset it. Press and release Volume up quickly. Then immediately press and release Volume down quickly and then immediately hold down the side/power button until it shows the Apple logo (it may take up to 10 seconds to show the Apple logo).

See this sample video --> How to Force Restart the iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus

Once you reset it, try to charge it. Also, try charging from your computer. If you have another cable, try that as well.

Re the screen going to passcode, that is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the homes screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update a few hours ago. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update.

If it is crashing before allowing to update, then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.