Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to get my icloud updated and my phone screen keeps…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get my icloud updated and my phone screen keeps going black and icon spins then screen goes to unlock password ***** have to start all over and each time I try again the same thing happens all over again. I believe it is doing this because my phone has not been backed up to icloud for two weeks due to needing to update account information.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just baough a new IPhone in September and have kept the same password ***** last phone,

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Bought

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I got and email that my icloud account had been cancelled due to not updating account information. I believe they needed my credit card information

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (sprinboard is the homes screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update 4 hours ago. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update.

If it is crashing before allowing to update, then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.