Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a apple iphone and was unable to type in a correct…

Customer Question
I have a apple iphone...
I have a apple iphone and was unable to type in a correct password
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), reply and let me know which model iPhone it is, so I can provide you with the precise instructions.

I think it is a 6
no I don't want to pend more money

PLEASE read my first reply to you, so you are not confused by the website's offers.

no

I'm sorry, no what?

I don't want to pay another $39

I understand, that's why I keep telling you to read my very first reply, so you are not confused by those offers, they are the site, not me, and they are just in case you want them, you don't have to. Now, your device is an iPhone 6, correct? And you cannot get in due to the password/PIN not working, right?

thats it in a nut shell

Ok, no problem, give me just a second to put together the steps you need to take to get back into the phone.

Alright, well, you're going to need to reset your device to factory settings in order to get back in, if you have locked yourself out by forgetting your password ***** PIN. You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

Hi :)

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. However, if my answer to you was helpful, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,