Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new IPhone 8... since Wed... all downloaded and…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new IPhone 8... since Wed... all downloaded and setup up perfectly and I have been using it without issue... till this morning... now, it keeps closing.. anytime I open it to use it... after a few seconds its wiggles, makes a ding sound and closes... I re-open using either my thumb print or password... it opens, I might be able to open messages or an app then it jiggles, dings and closes... right now, sitting next to me, plugged in and charging... it is jigging and dinging about every 12 or so seconds... keypad appears and disappears... I have turned it off and back on 3 times and have plugged it into my laptop thinking that might reset something... neither have any impoact

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

The pw and Apple ID are the same with my old device... I just carried them forward to this new Iphone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No... not aware of this... what's the process?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

These are the issues presenting to me... nothing else

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (sprinboard is the homes screen or desktop of iPhone). Apple just released a new patch/update 4 hours ago. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update.

If it is crashing before allowing to update, then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update. If it is crashing and not allowing to do the update, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps. Then try software update.

After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.