Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was connecting an old phone (Iphone 4), which I use as an…

Customer Question
I was connecting an...

I was connecting an old phone (Iphone 4), which I use as an Ipod for Itunes music, to my Bose blue tooth speaker and I started getting a message on my Iphone 6 that someone was trying to access my account and asked if I wanted to allow it. When I clicked "yes", is started sending messages to my 6 that I needed to put in my PIN to allow it. It is not accepting my 4 digit pin, as there are 6 digits to be filled in. After trying numerous other numbers, thinking maybe I changed it, with nothing working and now I am locked out of my phone. My phone is(###) ###-#### Can you please help?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your IPHONE 4?

A while back. When I turned the 4 on to connect, it came up with a message that it hadn't been updated in 16 weeks....which sounds about right. I've ignored these messages in the past without problems.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I googled my problem and there was a suggestion to hook into my Itunes account but that didn't work. Reset did not come up. So, yes I guess I do need some help. What do I do?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

Didn't' work.

What didn't work? Which step?