Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had to get my iPad reset today and now am trying to

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I had...

Hi Pearl, I had to get my iPad reset today and now am trying to recover my skype ability. I cannot get a picture altho I have allow the camera and my friends cannot even dial me back?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Skype file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No. not that I know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I can only get voice on my iPhone so need some help with that too

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When you make a video call using Skype on your iPad for the first time after a reset, Skype will ask you for permission to access the camera.

To give it permission, on your device's home screen, tap Settings then scroll down in the list until you see Skype; tap it. Tap Privacy. Move the Camera slider to on (tap the slider so the slider shows green).

Let me know if that resolves the issue?

Hi Pete, I did all of this before I contacted Skype help desk ...or what I thought was Skype help desk , only to be put thru to Just Answer. Just Answer then asked me for a$5 deposit which would be refunded but when I went to PayPal the charge was $66. Why? I would like you to arrange a refund not because your answer isn’t correct but because if you look at my message to Pearl I said I had turned on the camera but was still having problems. So you gave me nothing to correct the problem that still exists. Thank you for your attempt to help but I’d already done that as it is elementary. Please arrange a refund to my Paypal account. I will be contacting PayPal about reversing the payment. I did try to contact you thru PayPals resolution center but the address took me nowhere?? Barrie Coles
Now you are asking me for a further $55 to remotely connect. Sorry, I’d just like to be refunded for the $66 I have been debited for. Barrie Coles

Hi Barrie, you can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically and not by me.

What else have you already tried?