Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad goes back to password when I am reading. I dont

Customer Question
My ipad goes back...

My ipad goes back to password ***** I am reading

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I dont know, where do I look.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just did it again. Only today and I have rebooted it about 6 times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There is a known bug in the latest iOS which results in crashing of the device. Apple released a new patch update a few hours ago. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and do the update. If it is not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer

Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> https://www.apple.com/in/itunes/download/

After installing iTunes, open it.

Now, turn off your iPad. Then hold down the Home button on the iPad and connect it to your computer. Keep it held down and your iPad will show a screen with iTunes logo and USB cable. Then release the button

The iTunes on your computer will recognize it in recovery mode. It will ask you whether you want to restore or update the iPad. Choose Update and this will download the latest software. Click on the small downward arrow at top right in iTunes to see the download process.

Once it is downloaded, it will install a fresh software without deleting your files.

In case, if your iPad restart back to passcode/locked screen, then don't disconnect it. Instead, let the download on the computer to complete. Once it is completed, do these steps again

Unplug it from computer. Turn off your iPad. Then hold down the Home button on the iPad and connect it to your computer. Keep the home button held down and your iPad will show a screen with iTunes logo and USB cable. Then release the button

The iTunes on your computer will recognize it in recovery mode. It will ask you whether you want to restore or update the iPad. Choose Update and this will update it directly. This process may take a few hours. So please let me know how it goes

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

If it not allowing to do the update from iPad itself, then go to Settings > Notifications and temporarily turn off Notifications for all apps.

Then go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update.

If that didn't work, then you need to do the update from your computer using the steps I sent you