Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone will not stay open on any of the aps the screen…

Customer Question
Hi mike my...

Hi mike my phone will not stay open on any of the aps the screen goesblack then returnsto my front screen

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

A few weeks ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
hello ?//
HELLO MIKE HAVE YOU FOUND A SOLUTION TO MY ISSUE I AM HAVING WITH MY IPHONE
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which version of the iPhone do you have?

IPHONE 6s

Thank you. Have you already tried restarting the phone?

Okay and does this happen with every app or only a few?

LL THAT I HAVE TRIED TEXT MESSAGES, GAMES, INTERNET,
FACE BOOK

Please perform a "hard reset" on the device by pressing down and holding the home button and the sleep/wake button for up to 30 seconds until you see a black screen with the Apple logo, then release.

DIDNT WORK

Did it reset?

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS

Yes, please double-tap the home button to bring up the Recent Apps list. Swipe all of these apps off the screen to close them until there are none left.

DONE

Now try to open an app again and see if the problem persists.

ITS STILL HAPPENING

Okay, in that case you will need to reset the phone to factory settings. Do you have a computer with iTunes you can connect it to?

I'm on my laptop now but dont have itunes

Are you able to open the settings app on your phone?

ok

If you are in settings you can reset the phone from there. Keep in mind this will delete all data that is stored on the phone, so it will be like having a brand new phone. Do you want to continue?

no

Okay, the only other way is to download iTunes and connect your phone to the computer so you can make a backup, then restore it to factory settings and use the backup to restore the phone. There is still the chance that won't work since the backup was made after the problem occurred, and in that case the only option is to erase everything from the phone and start fresh.

Would you like to try to make a backup?

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein