Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It asked to update and I allowed that then it said update…

Customer Question
It asked to update...

It asked to update and I allowed that then it said update was successful and there were just a few more steps then I continue and it asks for the password. I put that in then it says updating and then we repeat this again. Over and over and I can't use my phone cause it won't stop doing this. Help please

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Earlier tonight about 5-6 hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. You were all I could find. I rebooted several times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just got this phone yesterday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
You know what.....I've waited long enough. Just cancel my fees, credit my visa. I will take the phone to the Verizon store in the morning and get them to fix it. I'm an old lady and I can't sit up all night waiting for someone who "might" call me back eventually.
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Sorry for any extended delay, please try the following:

1. When you see the Apple ID Verification pop-up message, choose “Settings”
  2. Sign into the Apple ID with the password ***** the account as usual, this will make the message go away temporarily
  3. Next, back up the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iCloud and iTunes, you need to backup the device because you likely need to update iOS software
  4. Open the Settings app and go to “General” followed by “Software Update”, install any software updates that are waiting available – If you’re already on the latest version of iOS and there are no software updates available skip this step, reboot the device, and go to the next
  5. When the device boots back up, go back to “Settings”, then to “iCloud” and tap on the Apple ID username and email address, then sign in to iCloud when requested
  6. Exit out of Settings, you shouldn’t see the Apple ID verification pop-up again.

Let me know if that works?

My phone will only let me enter my 4 digit code and then the message is Password. When I enter the password ***** hit next, it then gives me the message that it is updating I cloud settings Then we start the whole process over again. I have no access to anything else

Is the phone connected to internet ok?

What is the exact error message that you see when this happens?

I really don't want to keep paying. Apple should fix this gratis. It is a brand new phone only 2 days old and it is their app that us the problem.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Can it not be fixed without another charge?

Remote assistance is an additional charge, however you can fix it yourself by following my instructions if you prefer.

JustAnswer offers a convenient way for customers to connect with licensed and verified professionals, in a number of different fields, quickly and easily from the convenience of your home and there is a charge for that service.

First message after it tells me to unlock with my 4 digit code is Updated completed. Your phone was updated successfully. There are just a few more steps to follow, and then you're done. Continue. Then it asks for my password ***** I enter and hit next. Then it tells me updating cloud settings. Then it starts this whole process all over

Do you have any other Apple devices that use the same account?

If so, are they also affected?

I have an IPad (which I am on now) and a MAC laptop. No they are not affected
Are you still there?

Yes I am still here.

Are you able to find the problem and fix it?

Please confirm which device this problem is happening on?

Apple IPhone 8
Anything happening?
Pete, are you still there and can you fix it ?

Sign out your iCloud account and re-login. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings > Type in your password > Confirm Reset All Settings.

Let me know if that works?

Pete, Computer Engineer