Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad screen keeps going black, then coming up with asking…

Customer Question
IPad screen keeps going...

IPad screen keeps going black, then coming up with asking for passcode again. When I get in, it happens again within about a minute

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Apple ID about 12 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, not sure how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is not the iPad having the problem....it doesn’t stay working for long enough, although maybe I should try.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Dorsey

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts with JustAnswer.com. How are you today?

Give me a moment while I review your question and formulate some followup questions so I can hopefully assist you with an answer. Please remember to rate my answer(s) before you leave the session today, and remember it is my service to your specific question here you are rating and nothing else. Thank you.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled.

You can start your password ***** steps at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid. Select and answer the questions presented. If that still doesn't work for you can call Apple Support (yea they do have live phone support) at(###) ###-####and request account recovery assistance. Two-factor authentication for Apple ID help is available at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915. You can also Manage your account at https://appleid.apple.com/. Setup and manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page

I haven't forgotten the passcode.
I get into the iPad, but it goes black, then asks for passcode again after about a minute
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago

You can change the timeout in Settings->General->Auto-Lock or some older models Settings-> Display & Brightness->->Auto-Lock