Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad air, the email I set up it on years ago no longer

Customer Question
Ipad air , the...

Ipad air , the email I set up it on years ago no longer works , how do I erase all trying to sell it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Apple device?

Where is that ?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

Its just a apple ipad air bought in 2014 2015

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I can walk you through the process of deleting ALL content on the iPad and restoring it to factory settings. Would you like to do this?

ok

Please open the Settings app, then go to General > scroll to the bottom and select Reset > choose Erase all content and settings.

I cannot do this because email is old and hacked how do I continue

Do you have access to the iPad at all?

What happens when you try to do the above steps?

ok what do you need
I have it ipad

Can you get to Settings?

I am charging hold on one min

OK

its charging

Okay, you should still be able to use it while it's charging.

settings/
what info do you need?

Are you in Settings?

iam

Okay, I do not need any info, I just want to walk you through erasing the device so you can sell it.

From Settings, go to General > scroll to the bottom and select Reset > choose Erase all content and settings.

when I hit erase it goes to***@******.*** ask for password ***** email is hacked and I cannot reset password
I bought this in 2014 tmoblie stopped using

Okay, that means that account is linked to your iCloud, so you will need to recover the password ***** that account in order to continue. Even if you reset the device another way it will still ask for that password. I will opt-out and allow another expert to assist you further

thanks I will be waiting and charging device
I sent picture of the back I pad Air
WOW so they will contact me in 24 hours hopefully sooner new owner wants to purchase by noon SAT
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Are you still in need of assistance?