Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

InDesign and Java 6 application. InDesign and Java 6 with OS

Customer Question

InDesign and Java 6 application
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: InDesign and Java 6 with OS X 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: To download Java for use with InDesign 5.5 on Mac OS X 10
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: OS X 10 Yosimite
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Guys... I've just upgraded our iMac 7.1 to Yosemite OS X 10... I cannot open my InDesign 5.5 because it says I need to download Java SE6. But it doesn't appear to be available. I've downloaded Java 8... but that doesn't seem to be what InDesign needs to open. It keeps telling me I have to have Java SE6. ??? dads
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This problem seems to have been around since Apple started using OS X 10, 11,12,13. So there is surely already a procedure for correcting this with InDesign...? Just send me an e-mail with detailed directions for correcting this! Okay?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Guys... I'd really like to know someone is working on this... ??? "Is anybody there?"-***** *****
"... but to be wholly taciturn in your reserve is not allowed!" - Frost
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.