Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We just got it and I was creating Apple ID but put the wrong…

Customer Question
We just got it...

We just got it and I was creating Apple ID but put the wrong year in birthday. Now iPad thinks I am a child. How do I correct date. I am 64 years old

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I turned on iPad for first time it asked me to set up a passcode which I did

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I access that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I understand your concern please follow the below steps to update your birth year in your iPad:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Change Birthday or Birthday. You might need to answer your security questions.
  4. Update your birth date, then tap Done.

Please let me know if it works if it does not work we will try alternate solution.