Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Settings App has disappeared. Get my Setting app back.

Customer Question
My Settings App has...

My Settings App has disappeared

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Get my Setting app back

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

How do I get my Setting App back on my 6.5+ iphone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The Settings app can't be deleted. So it should be there. Did you check folders (icon that store multiple apps) or other home screen pages ?

Which model of iPhone is this ?

I'm checking Iphone is 6.5+
I didn't delete it and it has disappeared and it is not in any combined icon.
I see you are a Mac technician. Do you really handle iPhone problems.

In the home screen, swipe right and this will bring the Search. Type Settings there and it will show the icon. If not, then hold down the home button and this will bring Siri. Ask Siri to open Settings i.e say "Open Settings". This will open Settings. Then go to General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout. That will bring it back.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Yes, I handle all Apple products.

Iswiped right and the search screen appeared and the settings app is not there. What next? Please answer

Did you try Siri method ?

In Search, type "Settings" without quotes and isn't it showing that app ?

If not, hold down Home and ask Siri to open Settings. let me know what is returns

If it still not working, then do a soft reset and let me know if it works or not

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

I see the settings icon. Hoe do i get the icon on my my home screen?

Open Settings. In Settings, go to General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout. That will bring it back to home screen

How is it going ?