Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

An ipad device was donated to our agency. When we tried to…

Customer Question
An ipad device was...

An ipad device was donated to our agency. When we tried to set it up it states its linked to an Apple ID. We do not know who donated it and would like to be able to use with our clients. How can we get the device unlocked?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It is not linked to my Apple ID. We don't know who donated the device

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Dorsey

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts with JustAnswer.com. How are you today?

Give me a moment while I review your question and formulate some followup questions so I can hopefully assist you with an answer. Please remember to rate my answer(s) before you leave the session today, and remember it is my service to your specific question here you are rating and nothing else. Thank you.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago

Your best bet is to explain your situation to Apple Support via phone. Call Apple Support (yea they do have live phone support) at(###) ###-####and request account recovery assistance. You can also Manage your account at https://appleid.apple.com/. Setup and manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page