Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot do anything because it says my ID had been

Customer Question
I cannot do anything...

I cannot do anything because it says my ID had been disabled

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an Apple 7, I pod, and I tunes on my computer. all they say is my id had been disabled. I did have some issues with being hacked and the apple brought my ID back on. But now it is disabled again

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Not sure how long it has been going on again. But it was about 2 weeks ago that they got my ID going and I was able to make a purchase on iTunes. But I tried doing up dates on my phone and it says it is disabled again. Have not tried anything because I have no idea what is going on

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Hopefully it is going to be understandable for me as I am about as efficient on a computer as a newborn

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to login to the apple ID and it is asking for Apple username and passowrd. Your Apple ID is normally your email address and we can reset the ID

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you