Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to disconnect a printer from my apple laptopp. I

Customer Question
I want to disconnect...

I want to disconnect a printer from my apple laptopp

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Apple?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Safari

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Im on wireless printing and I've tried everything I know which isn't much but still can't print on my hp all in one printer. Printer is on, wifi is on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Why do you want to disconnect it ?

I can’t get my printer to work so I thought if I deleted the printer and reinstalled it that it might work

Are you able to make copies from the printer itself, without using the Mac ?

No

That means the issue is with the printer itself. When did this problem start ? What is your printer showing ?

Wifi and wifi direct lights are on. Wifi is flashing

What happens when you do copy from printer itself using printer buttons ?

Nothing

When did this problem start ?

What is the model of your printer ?

SNPRH-1501

What about the model number ? Like Deskjet Ink Advantage etc. I need to know the exact model, so I can send correct instructions

Deskjet all in one

But I need the model number. It should be printed on the front or back side

Deskjet 3630 all in one printer
MN. SNPRH-1501

Thanks. That is what I need. Do you have the printer USB cable there ? Let's test with cable first.

No can we continue this conversation later so I can get a USB cable. Also I have a luncheon appt in 20 min

Yes, if you don't have it, then we can try wireless again. When you are back, can I connect to your Mac and try to fix it myself ? So we can try to fix it quickyl

No I will get a USB cord when I’m out

Ok, let me know when you are back. Make sure you buy a cheap cable and no need to expensive or branded cables.

K thanks.

No problem