Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It keeps asking me for the keychain password And it doesn’t…

Customer Question
It keeps asking me...

It keeps asking me for the keychain password ***** it doesn’t let me get in anywhere

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Getting on the Internet

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

MacBook Air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been since I got the computer. And I have tried putting in my iCloud apple password ***** my computer login

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Umm not really pretty much the story is I turned on the computer and did all the login part and it asked me if I wanted a keychain and I said yes and since Than when i open the computer it ask me for some kind of password

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Theirs nothing else I want to add

Did you recently change your computer password?

No because I burly got the computer so I just made the password

So you just made a new password? Was there a password ***** it before you got it?

No cuz it’s a new computer

Do you have iCloud keychain enabled in system preferences?

What do you mean by enabled

Is the option turned on in System preferences. Turning it off and back on could resolve the issue.

It’s off I think cuz in cloud it’s like a little box where you could put a check mark but it it’s not so it’s off

turn it on and follow the instructions.

It doesn’t let me turn it on

Click sign out and sign back in

Right now it’s trying to sing out but it’s taking forever

It can take a bit, but it should reset it so that you can turn everything back on again.

It’s still trying to sign out

Try restarting your computer and then signing out. Something must be stuck.