Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im trying to update my iPad. To do this I have downloaded…

Customer Question
Im trying to update...

Im trying to update my iPad. To do this I have downloaded the newest version of iTunes to my computer. Now I need to access my Apple ID but the email address is one I have not used in many years so I don't know the password. I tried a couple and am locked out. I need to change email address to my gmail account.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

Just updated iTunes this afternoon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Honestly, I don't ever remember updating my iPad. Ooops

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Hi Justin...do you have a way where I can change my email address so I can again access my apple id?

You can only change your email address if you can access your account. No other way around that.