Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone 8 plus is locked and I do not remember the code.

Customer Question
My iphone 8...

My iphone 8 plus is locked and I do not remember the code

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

This morning. when i took it off the charger is was locked

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No I havent tried that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

Im not sure Im new to this

Do you remember when you purchased this iPhone 8 plus?