Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad has a password on restrictions that I cannot figure…

Customer Question
My iPad has a...

My iPad has a password ***** restrictions that I cannot figure out. How can I remove restrictions?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Apple device?

9.3.5

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

Not that I know of.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just an old ipad

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 8 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Unfotunately, the only way you can remove a Restrictions password ***** you've forgotten is to reset/erase the iPad and start from scratch. You can re-download app and re-sync data from iCloud but in restoring any backup it would restore the password.

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

then tap “Erase all content and settings”

When the device restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant, set it up as a new device. You can sign back into iCloud but do not restore any backup that was made after the Restrictions password ***** enabled.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Thank you for your help