Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My MacBook Pro mid 2012 has been freezing intermittently for…

Customer Question
My MacBook Pro mid 2012...
My MacBook Pro mid 2012 has been freezing intermittently for 2 months now and getting worse. I think it could be the hard drive. Last year I upgraded from 4gm to 8gb Ram and it was running great. Currently it has 100gb of storage on the hard drive as well. I have deleted chrome cookies, data and eventually Chrome, but the problem still occurs with Safari. I have update the OS and have 10.13.1.Is there any remote diagnostic you could do to see what's wrong?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

OK. I'm here. let me know your thoughts...

Can you please download and run the following tool?

https://etrecheck.com

It will collect information about your system for diagnostic purposes.

Run the app once it has downloaded

On the first screen, feel free to choose a problem but you can leave description blank since you’ve already told me. Next, click “Start EtreCheck”.

When it is finished collecting data, (you may skip the donate screen if it appears) click “Share Report” and choose "Copy report” to copy it to the clipboard

Then paste it back to me as a reply. (You should be able to paste it back by right-clicking or Ctrl-clicking where you type your reply to me and then choosing Paste from the pop-up menu).

Thanks,