Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am having a problem getting on to my facebook account in…

Customer Question
[Second opinion] hi, i...

[Second opinion] hi, i am having a problem getting on to my facebook account in total usage for what ever reason i cannot get all my massages,what i do get is not complete,i cannot get into the market place to bur or search for items to buy,my facebook is under BOB **********, i do have another account under ROBERT ************,,at this time i am interested in BOB ********** page, i hope you can help me with this problem i am using my apple phone, thank you

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 2 weeks ago, last nite i changed the password ***** ROBERT **********

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you i just hope to be able to use facebook

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

I still don’t have marketplace

Are you able to sign in to facebook?

I can get on fb

Are you trying to get to messages on your iPhone from the facebook app?

No I’m trying to get on Facebook marketplace well I’m on Facebook right at the bottom of the page there’s a little icon right in the middle and Hester marketplace

Is this on your iOS device or your mac?

Ios apple7+

Are you able to sign out of Facebook and sign back in.

I was instructed to take off my icon for Facebook and reinstall it which I did and I can get in and get out of it

Are you still unable to get to the marketplace?

I still cannot get into Facebook marketplace

Have you been able to get to it in the past?

the prior person got out back fixed fb instructed me to remove fb icon and reinstall fb which I did. And lost it

You lost facebook, or the ability to get into marketplace?

I am getting.some of fb and no mktplace. If you come in on my page to troubleshoot do I have to do anything on this end

I cannot see your phone. Do you have the facebook app on your phone?

Getting tired of messing with this

I have the icon

When you open it is the issue at the bottom of the app?

there are 4little icons you can. use
Can you remotely come in my phone to fix the problem

I cannot. There is not a remote service for iPhone just yet.

Lets try something.

Download this app and I will try to see your screen.

LINK

I tried to do that link that you sent me and it says to enter my Apple ID which I did I have it looking right at me and then change is not correct so I don’t know what is going on and Marshawn generally helps but he had to go to bed
Your office has been working on this most of the day

Do you want to start over again in the morning?

I will try I put the Apple ID in 3 times and it says incorrect. I don’t understand your office had it fixed then told me to reinstall fb and this happens all over again I get a screen offering a 39.00 fee to do a special trouble shooting can you do this without me

I cannot do it without you.

I need the app on your phone to see the phone and then I can guide you from there.

I will try in the morning from my pc and iphone thanks for trying

Cheers!