Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an IPad which has not been used for

Customer Question
I have an IPad...

I have an IPad which has not been used for awhile...thus....I cannot remember ID or password....would you be able to help? I am not very computer knowledgeable....sorry.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't know.....long time I expect.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes.....but it is too confusing for me.....I did try....today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I received the Ipad Jan 23/16 from Centennial Windows here in London as a result of a purchase made with them......

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

You've mentioned that you tried to reset the apple password ***** the website but was having some issues with resetting it there. Would you like to share screens so we can work on this together?

You can respond in the white chat bow below. It does sound like we will need to reset the password ***** Apple's online site in order to get the Ipad to work.