Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought an ipad 2 years ago to use for the business and the…

Customer Question
I bought an ipad...

I bought an ipad 2 years ago to use for the business and the young lady that was working in the office has quit and changed the log in and password. so how do I get into it to reset everything

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never set it up I allowed her to. my ID is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know anything about that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Follow the steps below to restore your iOS device to a like-new state, as this is the only way to get back into the device if you don't know the password/PIN. This process will reset your device, and it will act as if it was turned on for the first time when completed. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

1. Make sure you have iTunes downloaded on your computer. If you don't, get it here.
  2. Plug the device into the computer
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option come up on your computer, choose to restore.
  5. Give it about 10-15 minutes and it will be done, and restart the iPad.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. However, if my answer to you was helpful, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,