Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My girlfriend gave me a i pad she could not remember the…

Customer Question
My girlfriend gave me...

My girlfriend gave me a i pad she could not remember the password. She gave like 10 now I am locked out. Can you. Help me please

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My girlfriend gave me a I pad. She couldn't not remember the password. She gave like 10 passwords to try, now I am locked out can you help me please

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I can't even get passed the turn on button need password

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 4 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPad..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

Thanks josh I am trying it slowly I have to hook it to another computer.

Take your time

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Select the device you want to erase.

Now you can restore from backup

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

Josh, Mac Support