Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My account is locked this is the second time in 4days. Is…

Customer Question
My account is locked...

My account is locked this is the second time in 4days . Is someone trying o change my password ***** access my account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Updated my account password Nov 26 2017

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It asks for all my info and my credit card number. I did all that Sunday when they said my password ***** been changed when I had not changed it so I had to change it . Now it's happening again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 8 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

It is indeed possible someone is trying to maliciously gain entrance into your Apple account. You should make sure you have set a strong password ***** also have a recovery email account and good security questions on file.

You can verify the above by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

You can check how "strong" a password ***** ***** using the following site:

https://howsecureismypassword.net

Note: it's okay to enter the password ***** the above site as it is not asking for details of any account. It merely looks at the string you enter as a password. You can use it to test certain potential passwords and then modify it for use in the actual account by just changing a letter or two.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,