Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad mini suddenly does not recognize mail server!? Qwest.

Customer Question
IPad mini suddenly does...

IPad mini suddenly does not recognize mail server!?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Qwest

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Called provider they said contact Apple!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Obtained second server info/access, unable to find appropriate Apple contact info....?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First, just to make sure and since it sounds like your email was working before, please try and just do the following first:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't work please let me know your full email address that you are trying to use.

Thanks. Let me know so I can help further assist.

8220;Mail server 143 not responding...verify correct settings”

OK thank you got it! I was just going to ask you of the exact error. Thanks one sec.

If the reset did not work, just to make sure its not your account go ahead and try and go to the website to get your email. This will show your account is ok or not. Then if it works then we know it could be a setting that has changed within the mail settings of the account on the ipad. (click here) and sign in with your email address and password ***** then let me know what happens.

If your able to get into your email from the website above, then try the following on the ipad. The best thing to do would probably be to try and either delete this email account from the ipad and then re-add the account. The version of your iOS may be different so let me know if this looks like these steps are not working:

1. Touch Settings
  2. Touch Accounts & Passwords
  3. Under Accounts, touch AT&T (or yahoo)
  4. choose "delete account" at the bottom
  5. Confirm delete if needed

Then to add your q.com account:

Open settings app on iPhone, iPad.

Now, Find “Accounts & Password

tap on “Add Account”.

Tap "other"

Enter your q.com Email and Password

IT may automatically enter all the information for you after yiou enter your username and password ***** if not and you are being asked specific settings. I have included a picture to references if you see any of these settings. Then you will know what to put.

See pic attached