Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I switch on my iMac I am prompted to Log in with my…

Customer Question
When I switch on...

When I switch on my iMac I am prompted to Log in with my iCloud Password. I cannot recall my iCloud pasword so I simply click on “cancel” and go to whichever function I want to use. My question is how do I retrieve my iCloud Password?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Whatever was loaded when I bought the iMac. Sorry to be so vague!

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

For more than a year. Have not really tried anything since it did not prevent me using any of the applications on the iMac!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but I am concerned all my photos etc may not be backed up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You want to reset the Apple ID password ***** for your iCloud is that correct?