Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It updated and I accidently chose touch ID to open it and I…

Customer Question
It updated and I...

It updated and I accidently chose touch ID to open it and I want to cancel that feature. However, it is locked and I don't have a passcode so I can't get in it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't remember.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I dfpo it. The Ipad is now disABLED

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
11/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPad in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPad which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPad.

I don't know. I don't think so but I'm not sure
What are my other options other than paying $39
I'll think about it. Thank you.
I have Windows
The device is now disabled

I got it unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data(Including photos, contact) and settings in order to resolve this issue. I understand, losing personal information is very hard. If you are okay with data loss, we can try to reset the iPad.

If you reset this Ipad it won't affect the other Ipad we have?

No, If I reset this iPad it will not affect the other iPad. Now please check in your computer if you see any iTunes install in the computer or not. If that computer doesn't have any iTunes application. Please click on the link below for downloading iTunes in this computer: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-30751-20171030-2E96FF02-B9B4-11E7-81C5-9CE3DF1CD815/iTunes64Setup.exe

Once the file downloaded please follow the instruction for installation:

1. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

2. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

• You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.

3. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.

4. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

5. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

6. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Thank you

Once you install the iTunes please let me know so that I can send you the resetting steps on the iPad.