Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have 22 apps that need updating but can't sign in with the…

Customer Question
I have 22 apps...

I have 22 apps that need updating but can't sign in with the id requested This ids on m,y iPad by the way.. I went to the apple store in vancouver but the answers to my security questions were not accepted (I thought that strange as I'm pretty sure they were correct) My birthdate was accepted as correct. Can you help!! PS Please excuse my slow typing

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My current apple id was changed at some point previously when an upgraded operating system came along I think. The password ***** my current id has changed every time there's an update

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No but the assistant at the Apple store said Id have to speak to someone at apple who could ""see" my old id sign in security questions. Apparently the problem is because some of my paid apps were installed when my id was a previous email address

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife has a similar problem but probably better too deal t]with that separately. It concerns this desktop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

To clarify; you have TWO separate Apple ID's? A current one, and an older one that you can not recover?