Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't get into my phone it keeps saying iTunes doesn't…

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into my phone it keeps saying iTunes doesn't know my number but my phone is disabled

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Yesterday, but I broke screen today and just got phone fixed

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Help walk me through this please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which model of iPhone is this ?

Do you have access to a computer there ?

iPhone 6s and Iam currently using my MacBook
MacBook Pro

Someone or you have tried to access the phone by entering incorrect passcode for multiple times and it disabled itself to protect your data. Since it is disabled, your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I can't get it into DFU mode

Timing is critical to get it to DFU. Keep trying please. Use a stopwatch or timer to get the timing correct

this is not working and if I gave you secure remote assistance than you couldn't do anything on my phone so

It will work. It is not easy to get it to DFU mode and it will take few tries. If you release the buttons too soon or too late, it will not go to DFU mode

With secure remote, I will connect to your Mac and fix the iPhone myself for you using your Mac. If I couldn't solve your problem, you will get full refund.

There is another method to restore it, but this involves some extra steps. Only try this if you couldn't put it to DFU mode.

Disconnect it from your Mac. Turn off the iPhone. Now, hold down the Home button and connect the iPhone to your Mac. Keep the home button held down on your iPhone until it shows a USB cable pointing to iTunes logo.

Your Mac will ask you to restore or update it. Choose Restore.

This will download the iPhone software. So let it complete (even if your iPhone restart back to disabled screen). Once the download of iphone software is completed, repeat the steps again and this time it will restore

I can't even turn my phone off anymore it is stuck on emergency sos and slide to turn power off screen

Hold down Home and Power button for 10 seconds and does it show Apple logo ?

no
Are you sure this is an iPhone 6s ?
The instructions I'm sending are for iPhone 6s and lower models. They are different for 7 and later
If this is 6s, then the instructions should have worked. Even if the iPhone is disabled or completely frozen it should restarted when you hold down home and power button for 10 seconds. If it is not showing Apple logo that means either the home button or power button is not connected properly when the screen was replaced.
I think that may be the case because it is not working
your iPhone is supposed to go to DFU mode even if there isn't a screen attached. But it will not work if there is any issue with the home or power button. The button is probably not connected properly while replacing the screen. Is it possible for you to take it back to the place where you replaced the screen to check the connection to buttons?
If I were to use securely connect do you think you could fix my phone? If so how do I know you will not be taking extra money from me or keeping my documents on file

If the issue is with the home button, then we will not be able to fix it from here as we will not be able to put it to DFU mode without home button.

I'm only a tech in here with no access to your account or financial details. I'm not even the person who decide the price of question or secure remote. I only help customers here. All your financial details on this site are encrypted, that means we don't have access to any of those details

what should I do regarding my home button?

From where did you replace the screen ? They are responsible for that. They probably didn't connect properly while replacing thescreen

A place in the mall, I'm a college kid a t ball state that was the closest place to me, should I have went apple?

I guess. Screen replacement cost is $129 from Apple and you would get the genuine from Apple.

Local store usually replace non genuine screen but less than that cost

To make sure, this is a 6S. Right ?

this is the 6s

Then the reset should have worked, holding Home and Power for 10 seconds. Since it is not working, either the home or the power button isn't properly connected