Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to copy my itunes music to my wife's iphone from…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to copy my itunes music to my wife's iphone from my iphone. I'm sure this is not that complicated, but I can't make it work. We have different Apple IDs.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Very recently

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I signed in on MY account, hooked up her iphone to my window on the Mac desktop and opened iTunes and tried to figure out a way to get the music to download on her phone. No luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, not really.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Happy to help you on this - I've actually worked through the same problem myself last year. And actually it is surprisingly difficult to get music transferred from one iPhone to another! So it's not just you. Apple won't share music or apps across different Apple IDs. They finally realised at some point that this is quite frustrating for families, and so added an auxiliary feature to get around the issue, called family sharing. You can read a bit more here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201088. Essentially you just add both of your iTunes accounts to a "family group" and then everyone within that group can access each other's app and music purchases. You can either sync from your PC or you can download media from within iTunes on each phone. Let me know how this works for you and we can chat out some other options and troubleshooting steps as needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service and fully amswer your question – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. If finished, please take a moment to accept this answer and rate my service. Thank you for your business!