Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have attempted three times today to create a new Skype…

Customer Question
I have attempted three...

I have attempted three times today to create a new Skype account. Everything goes fine until they tell me they've sent a security code to my e-mail address. I go to my e-mail to get the security code and find that all the information I've loaded is lost. Do you have a phone number, so I can speak to a live human being?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

MAC OS 10 VERSION 10.6.8

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

I've never had Skype. I'm trying open a new account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Does Skype have a phone number?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

When you do you mean exactly when you say that the information you've loaded is lost?

I'll go through it one more time. Skype asks me a bunch of questions. I answer them. Skype says they've sent a secure code to my e-mail. I go to my e-mail to get the code. When I get it and try to get back to Skype I either get a message that the connection has expired or find myself at quare one with Skype asking me the same questions I just answered. Apparently, all the information I've typed in has been lost.
how about a response?

Okay, let's try it a different way.

If you click this link it will take you to the Skype account creation page:

https://tinyurl.com/ybqvz7bv

Try to walk through the steps to create a Skype account. Then once the account has been fully created, use the login information that you set to sign in to Skype.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Are you still having issues with Skype?

Look. They already said they could patch me through by phone. So I don't have to screw around with Goddamn Skype. So, let it go already!

That is fine. I just wanted to make sure. Sorry.