Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

INTERUPTED DOWNLOADS FROM PROGRAMS ON MY APPLe TV BOX. Apple…

Customer Question
INTERUPTED DOWNLOADS FROM PROGRAMS...

INTERUPTED DOWNLOADS FROM PROGRAMS ON MY APPLe TV BOX

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple TV box

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Intermitantly several motnhs but increasingly more. I live in an apartment complex serviced by telus. I have gone back to the store where I purchased the device and they recommended contacting Telus

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe it is not the device but the interenet service in the building.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

So I'd be inclined to agree with your interpretation that it is probably something wrong with your network connection and not with the Apple TV, but there are a few tests we can run to confirm this is the case to make sure you are working with the right servicer and get the issue resolved expediently.

First - are you connecting the Apple TV to your router via an ethernet cable? I'd recommend you try this, even if it's a matter of using a long ethernet cable temporarily, as there are a range of possible wifi issues that can be causing problems, for instance if your Apple TV is switching between wireless hotspots if a neighbour has an open wifi network. It would be helpful to know if you have a desktop PC connected to the same network and whether you've been experiencing intermittent issues with the connection there as well.

Second - have you noticed a pattern in the interrupted connections? I.e. overnight usually? On weekends? When you're using other computers or smartphones? It may be the case that the Apple TV is timing out because of limited bandwidth especially if other devices are also using the same connection.

And lastly, is there a specific download that is experiencing this issue? I'm assuming this is all related to the apple store, but worth checking if this is a podcast specifically etc. Can you let me know if there's a pattern to the content?

Confirm these three areas and we'll have a pretty high level of confidence in isolating the nature of your network issues.

Just drop me an email when you're ready to troubleshoot - I'll be here!