Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I upgraded to iOS 11.1.2 and lost my email and the setting…

Customer Question
I upgraded to iOS...

I upgraded to iOS 11.1.2 and lost my email and the setting to restart h.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

ATT

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I TAP THE EMAIL ICON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went to that settings to reset the email,but their was no way to access thr email settings.i

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

It may be easiest to remove the account and add it back.

TO REMOVE ACCOUNT

From the home screen, tap Settings.

tap “Accounts & Passwords”

From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.

tap “Delete Account”.

tap “Delete” to confirm.

TO ADD ACCOUNT

In Settings > “Accounts & Passwords”

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (AOL, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

Thanks and good luck!