Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mike, I recently upgrade to Mac high Sierra. During the

Customer Question
Hello Mike, I...

Hello Mike, I recently upgrade to Mac high Sierra. During the upgrade it suggested Two Device Authentication - which I did then discovered I did not like. So I turned it off. When Turning it off it MADE ME change my passcode. Very aggravating. NOW I can not use either password ***** access my Administrator rights - I am "locked" out of my Passwords. I can not install and update that I need because neither password ***** Can you help me ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last week - trying to get the two device authentication turned off. It was required.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, where is that?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Please note - the password ***** on the Apple ID - but that was also my System Administrator password ***** that is NOT working.
I need to know how to get my System Administrator password ***** match my Apple ID
Is anybody there??????
Why will NEITHER password ***** - the old or new one???? is ANYBODY THERE??????? WHAT did I just pay for?????
HELLO???????????????
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 8 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

If you associated your user account with your Apple ID, you can use your Apple ID to reset your login/Admin password.

1. Choose Apple menu > Restart

2. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password ***** then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”

3. Enter your Apple ID and password, then click Next.
  4. Follow the instructions to reset your login password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,