Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to transfer the pictures in my I phone file to my pc.

Customer Question
I want to transfer...

I want to transfer the pictures in my I phone file to my pc. cannot figure out how

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

It is an apple

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I have a usb cable and I tried to follow steps to transfer the pictures but my phone is not listed as a device on my pc so it comes up with an error

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I do not know what I am a new owner of an I phone and do not know a lot about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I have seen windows PC's do some weird things when trying to sync or copy pics from iphones to the PC. If possible, the easiest thing would be to plug in your iphone to your pc and then let me remote access your pc and start doing some troubleshooting as there are several steps to get this done. Remember there is a 100 % guarantee for a refund if you are not satisfied and if I can't fix it. Please let me know as soon as possible.

ths is a brand new Lenovo. there should be nothing wrong. by brand new I men I have had it 2 weeks
the last time someone asked to fix my old pc by remote control it turned out to be a ransom attempt. I do not trust remote fixes

You would think "Brand new" there would be nothing but it is sometimes not the computers fault but more of the operating system.

The very first thing to try would be to make sure itunes is installed and if it is already make sure it is completely up to date and then plug in your phone and see if it can be detected as a device.

I understand. I was just offering no problem.

If that does not fix the issue, and you already had itunes installed, I would uninstall itunes from your computers control pannel (add + remove programs) and then reinstall itunes from

https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

install iTunes on the pc?

Yes

did you mean iTunes installed on the pc

Yes itunes needs to be installed on your PC

You can download from here

https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

It actually is what installs the driver that is needed for your iphone to connect. So I will stop there as it sounds like you do not have itunes installed so that could be all you need. Let me know what happens. As there are deeper fixes if you already had itunes installed but it still did not work. But we will wait and see what happens.

So all you should have to do is go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ then plug in your phone once its done installing and then if all is well your phone will be recognized as a device.

ok well it is not. if I install it what then

In a perfect technology world that is all you would need to do but let me know what happens.

If all goes well though, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

ok I will try thx

Your welcome.