Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to be able to watch from my IPad to my tv how do I…

Customer Question
I need to be...

I need to be able to watch from my IPad to my tv how do I set that up?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I has a USB cable running from th Ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a visio SW Version 2.10

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
I want to pair my IPad with my Visio TV
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Do you have the Vizio Smartcast App installed on your iPad?
I. Do not I couldn’t find the ap and also wanted to make sure the TV could talk to the ap it is an older TV
Right now I have it hooked up with a USB cable but cant figure out which input setting to use.
Okay, the only way to mirror the iPad will be to use an HDMI adapter on the iPad. The USB connection won't work on the Vizio unless you have some movie files downloaded to the iPad and then it will play the file but not mirror the screen.
no Netflix or Amazon?
But if I download the video it will play?
Do I use the COMP input option?
If it is a readable movie file it will.
What is a readable movie file? .avi
No,. When you connect the iPad and it has a readable movie file the Vizio will have a media detected box pop up on the screen. You can also choose media from the Vizio menu. Does your Vizio have the menu banner at the bottom of the screen when you press the V on remote?
I access the tv menu. On the tv itself - I don’t have the remote.
Okay, the movie files will need to be in mov. Mp4. Flv. I'm not sure if avi. will work, it may.
I will try that
Sounds good.
Let me know of you need anything.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.