Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is showing itunes and charger only after restart.

Customer Question
My ipad is showing...

My ipad is showing itunes and charger only after restart

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Ios

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Earlier it was showing "activation required", so I did some research on net and after connecting to laptop and restart it is showing like this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Its ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I know you mentioned "restart" but try to restart this way if you haven't already done so:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Then if that does not work and you still get the itunes and cable icon, you will have no choice but to try and update or restore the phone. The difference is that an update does not erase the phone but a restore does, however you may be forced to do the restore if the update does not work. iTunes will let you know. Therefore, here is what you need to do:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is recovery mode which is the same as the itunes and cable logo you have already seen before.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine.
  6. If choosing update does not work then you have to follow steps again and/or choose restore instead.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

JustAnswer.com has deducted USD 25 from my card. Please refund this

I do not have access to account's but our customer service department would be glad to take care of this for you.

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.